Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Beginning as you wish to end


Obviously Emmitt here has high hopes for the new year. As do I for the poor kid, it's hell getting old and he seems to be moving quite slowly and with a constant gimp. He'll be getting checked out soon, but alas, the kid is 9! It's so hard to believe as he still has the energy of a young pup some days. He is still at his older age the highest energy of our remaining crew.


You can see that Tucker too, is just hoping to have more long walks and lazy post walk naps this year. We're finally looking a bit wintry around here with snow, but he has been enjoying the cold wind it seems. Takes him back to his puppyhood Wyoming possibly? Cold winds often make me think of Casper.


As for this guy, he's had a rough week. Seems to have gotten a stomach bug. I had to leave him at the vet yesterday as both The Guy and I worked and he had stopped eating and drinking, but he seems to be rebounding now and feeling better. Couldn't be that he seems to think he's either a beaver or a squirrel could it? Hoe many times have I had to tell him to stop eating acorns or gnawing on trees? Maybe I need to find him a fiber supplement? The other day on our walk, I found a squirrels stash by accident as I was picking up some poo.


As for us, we had my families traditional New Years Day feast. As for New Years Eve, we stayed home and off the roads. In fact, I was the last one up last night and in bed by 1030. I believe in leaving the roads to the drunks on major holidays, because there's always going to be idiots on the roads but the percentage of drunk idiots on nights like new years in increased and I prefer to stay away from them. They seem to always manage to survive the crash, unlike the rest of us.


What exactly is my feast? Well, A good solid pork roast, cooked al day with a beer and sauerkraut to clean out the gut of last year, and black eyed peas to bring you luck in the new one. And of course some garlic mashed potatoes with gravy for it all! Mmmmmhmmm. But I realized I was kind of short on green vegetables now that I look at it. I'll need to remedy that tomorrow.

The color isn't quite right, much more mellow than what showed up here under the ott light
As for personally starting out the new year right, I may not have my sweater on the needles... Another yarn didn't work out quite right and now I need to do some math work to assure that it all comes together properly despite the fact that I think the designer was smoking more yarn that knitting with it when she wrote her own numbers down, so the sweater is on hold to I make myself sit down and do it. Just the gauge numbers are easy, it's those darn sleeve and shoulder decreases I have to work hard on. Instead, I have another creation on the needles, and perhaps I'll share this pattern with you all since I am actually writing it down as I go. We'll see.

Happy New year to you all on this first eve of twenty-fifteen. I hope you all are as safe and warm as us tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Years back at you!! lazy day here. watched the Rose Parade...babied my knots and headache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you. Golly that dinner looks wonderful.
    Ron in Mexico

    ReplyDelete