Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

Sshhh... He's back.

Well, only kind of. I'm trying to keep my eyes open so I thought I'd post since it's been... awhile. Let's just keep it all friendly and leave it at that.

Sorry, I've been working a lot of overtime and have Jessie the demon dog staying with us that has been taking up most of my other time getting her through some of her issues. Which include fear biting, what appeared to be aggression and actually just ended up being a fear reaction when dogs come at her aggressively. Like a lot of pit bulls, instead of running or cowering her choice is to try to end the the threat. Then there's that little habit of killing small woodland creatures. Oh, and the absolute lack of manners. Anyone want to adopt a precious pit bull from Black Dog Rescue? Actually, she is a love, and incorporated into my pack of four with very little issue. I have her leaving the cat be, trained to the leash and doing pretty darn good with other dogs. We've moved through the issues with jumping on counters and tables (only happened once) and are busy working on stays. Fun!

Throw in my re-dedication to going to the gym and cooking at home more that's left me with very little relaxing much less computer time or even worse, knitting/spinning time. But I am down to 158 pounds that is unfortunately two pounds below my goal. I think that officially puts me in that skinny bitch category that people want to slap silly and shove french fries down their throats. I'll be working on some self stuffing tomorrow so don't worry.

As for knitting, I've been hiding from the Jared Flood Mystery Knit Along so that's okay. But I did start Rom Hill's Alcyone. Not sure what I think of the yarn but the pattern is wonderful.
And tonight I played on Etsy and ended up buying into the color club of a wonderful fiber artist by the name of Huckleberry Knit's. I'm excited! Oh, and I blew money on Sport's Authority on a new pair of Merrell Barefoot running shoes and some Under Armour under things. But we're not going to get into that. I don't know you all that well.

Anyway, I hope my few readers are doing well and hopefully I will be back shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Knew you were alive but was still wondering. Great colors at Huckleberry Knits - wow! Looking forward to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the Alcyone is a lovely pattern but the colorway may be a problem. Still, I've learned not to judge colors on a monitor too severely: Monitors distort and lie. I'm resisting the urge to look at the pretty colors on Huckleberry Knits...for now. See you later and I hope Jessie finds a home that will do her well. - Joe

    ReplyDelete