Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2014

You Too Can Celebrate Jesus's Second Birthday!


How you ask? Well here's my recipe for delicious Holy Day Juice(This one's for you Millie):

One bottle Yellowtail Sangria

One Package Black Berries
One Pear (cored and sliced)
Pineapple cut into chunks
One Orange Halved and wedged.
Combine all ingredients into a picture and let soak in the fridge for a couple hours. Poor, spoon, or just take your Sangia and fruit directly from the picture and enjoy.
Lifted from http://www.thinkatheist.com/photo/jesusdrunk-1?xg_source=activity
Don't feel guilty, remember that Jesus was such a wino that he made it at all the parties by miraculous transfiguration and admitted that his now blood alcohol content was high enough that to drink this wine is to drink the blood of christ.
Lifted from http://holyghostbusters.tumblr.com
Remember, I was raised Catholic. I only took the guilt and the reasoning to make myself feel better about it all from the religion. Don't roll your eyes, those are some good life skills to have.

Speaking of drinking and catholics, "What's the difference between Catholics and Baptists? Catholics acknowledge each other in the liquor store."

Now, enough of the sacrilegious stuff. It's funny but gets old. Truly I just wanted to log on and say "Hi", let you all know it's just been a bit of a crazy week. I covered some hours for someone and that made me rearrange my schedule a bit so I never got around to posting a blog. As I was chopping my fruit for Sangria (It just sounded good...), I thought I should share the recipe, and this little tip. The wine soaked fruit is the best part. Especially the orange.

I promise, I'll be back for a real post. I will work on getting some more photos too. I haven't even got photos to show for my week! Now that's a bit of crazy pie right there especially considering I have been traipsing all over the state to buy yarn in the West Michigan Yarn Shop Hop.

Have a good holiday! I'll leave you with the well stated words of Miranda Lambert.

"‘Cause I heard Jesus, He drank wine
And I bet we’d get along just fine
He could calm a storm and heal the blind
And I bet He’d understand a heart like mine"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a fun post....and the sangria recipe. Hope you aren't too worn out from yarn shopping. Take care - Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to try this....LOVE Sangria!

    ReplyDelete