Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

A Quick One

It's been a week. I'm finally done with work for a few days and am done pretending to care. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but it's done. In this week, I have been busy knitting. Today a couple of friends and I are preparing to make a run to IKEA in Denver Colorado and of course, hit some yarn shops. Poor Bob and the kids have to stay home, although I have a sneaking suspicion that Bob is actually relieved by this. Oh well, more fun for me. Hopefully Sunday night I'll be back home with a new stool to do some more spinning. Why spinning you may ask? Because I ran out of the lovely blue stuff just as I was getting to the border on this.
So I'm going to spin some more of this fiber up and dye it. I think since it's the border, I'm going to add some black to the dye bath and make it a couple shades darker... Or maybe just go with a dark purple? Don't know.

After the disaster of running out of yarn, I made some hats.
And started some socks.

They will be going with me to Colorado. Every serious knitter needs road knitting.

As for the hats, the top one is from ravelry and the pattern name is Claudia. I really like it and may have to make another one since both of the green hats are chemo hats for a friend of a friend. The bottom green one can also be found on ravelry and is call a Hurricane Hat. The subtle spiral that this particular yarn kind of hides looks like a low pressure storm system which is where I gather the name comes from. The gray and black on is something I made up. It's actually for me but seems to be causing some skin issues. It's a llama/silk blend and my mom is horribly allergic to alpaca and I'm starting to wonder if I have a llama allergy. I've been getting very red and itchy from wearing it. Damn... Maybe I can pawn it off as a gift to someone. After a good washing of course.

Well, Hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment