Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Christmas Time is Here

In the words of Alvin, Simon, and Theodore. Am I showing my age too much by saying we used to have this on vinyl in our house when I was a kiddo?


Regardless, I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas where ever you are this year. We here in the foothills of the Bridger Mountains are having a lovely white Christmas today. It snowed over night and into this morning and now that we have a couple new inches on the ground, it's clearing up and the temperature is dropping, encouraging those kiddos to stay in with their families and driving mom and dad nuts as to when dinner is going to go out, I'm sure.


We here, just finished up our own early dinner. I got my Thanksgiving turkey so I gladly cooked up the traditional Christmas ham for the guy. Just think how good that left over ham will be in homemade mac and cheese next weekend... Mmmmm.


I learned a new way to make potatoes from PBS's America's Test Kitchen, and I love them. I played with it a bit today with some added sage and rosemary. They are so delicious. Smooth and creamy inside and crunchy toasted on the outside. Perfect.


But as usual, I always forget something when cooking and forgot to throw the almonds in the green beans as I seared them up with a bit of onion. Oh we'll, they all still tasted wonderful.


Then while the guy did dishes, I shoveled again so I don't have to mess with it in the morning as I head to work.


Yesterday when I got off work and we decided to run out for a bit, we finally found one of these! I don't know if anyone else ever used one of these but we had one when I was a kid and it was great for these light powdery snows that weigh little but pack down hard. We found it at the True Value hardware store and I've used it twice today. Sure brings back the memories of snowy childhoods. They don't work for big wet snows, but we seem to mainly have the lighter fluffier ones here, so fingers crossed. Heck, I'm just happy we have snow on Christmas and not rain with an ever growing pond in our front yard.


And what's Christmas with out some candied pecans? Mmmm-hm. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday whether it's a holiday to you or not. Relax, enjoy your surroundings and families and most importantly, stay warm and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment