Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Post Retreat Blues

My first all male knitting retreat was fantastic. I would like to thank Frank and Brady for all the work they put into it to make it the event that it was. You two obviously spent a lot of time, sweat, and probably a good chunk of change on creating the event. I appreciate it more than I can say and pray that the event breaks even.

With all that said, I have a problem. I didn't take a single darn picture. Seriously, I got home and realized I didn't pull out my camera once. I'm thoroughly disgusted with myself. I had an amazing break from real life surrounded by other male knitters of amazing talent and didn't shoot a single picture to commemorate the event. I guess that just means I need to do this all again. Unfortunately it won't be my first time, and it's never quite like the first time again, is it? Vince/Tim/Matt/Brady, insert your sexual innuendo here. I set it up just for you guys. Why should I stop walking into them just because we're not still sitting around outside on the patio knitting?

With all that whining out of the way, I would also like to express my appreciation to all the guys that came to the retreat. It was great to hang out with all of you for a weekend sharing our love of a craft. You affirmed my joy of creating, and inspired me to keep honing my knitting skills. I appreciate the time and effort you have each put into your own skill. Above all else, I revel in the joy that each of us take as we build an object and love the fact that we can share that joy with one another at events like this.

To all of you, thank you for sharing your time and selves with myself and Emmitt this weekend. Stop rolling your eyes at my blog Joe, I can hear it from here.

Q

PS: The Shwag was AWESOME, and honestly unexpected. Possibly not being to such an event I'm naive of such things, but I truly did not expect to come home with so much cool stuff.
Squirrel?

No comments:

Post a Comment