Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Whew... As fun as it was to head south, I can honestly say I'm glad to be home. The best part was the temperature in the low 70's. To be honest I was really enjoying the 50's near Park City as I headed East from Salt Lake City.

Over all, it was a wonderful trip. I enjoyed it immensely. It was downright hot but we made the best of it. Even after our long hike through the back areas of Devils Garden I managed to not get a sun burn! That is a rarity but I'm glad of it. A sunburn would have made the rest of the trip not as fun.

Just spending today sorting through pics, putting gear away, and catching up on life. Since I was the driver for the trip I got absolutely no knitting done. I met my friend Stef at her families place in Salt Lake (That lazy bum was still asleep!) I myself woke up at 0130 and couldn't fall back to sleep so I got up at 0200 and was on the road by 0300. I sent her text from Rock Springs to give her the 3hr heads up... But alas.

From there we drove South the Moab. I have to say, I'm not a city kid. Freeway driving, though not difficult, just isn't my thing. We arrived in the afternoon and spent the next two and a half days playing in Arches and Canyon Lands.

I threw in some pics Just for good measure.
Delicate Arch

Landscape Arch

Devils Garden Entrance

Double Arches

Park Avenue

Darkling Beetle

Another National Park Beggar

That's about it for me. I'm not going to gripe about the other drivers and all the tourists that kept getting in my photographs (oh wait... I'm a tourist in that sense aren't I?). Oh.. one thing. Signs for campgrounds should have reflective writing so they can be found in the dark. Not reflective tape above and below the actual name so you can't actually read the name itself. Us trying to find the correct campground in the canyon from the long string of other campgrounds at 1000 in the dark was on the edge of hilarity. Of course, I didn't feel like laughing much at the time, but come dawn's glowing hours I could see the humor in it all. Needless to say on the way out that morning to the parks I made a point of getting the mile marker number and some other obvious land marks.

TTime to romp dogs again before heading to knit night.

No comments:

Post a Comment