Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Nupp? NUPP? AAAARRRGGGH!

So, last night there I was flying away at this darn shawl that feels like it's never going to end. Seriously, I got done with the edge chart and started the border. Well, more than started, I got the border half done. And there I sat thinking as I looked at my work, "That looks good, I should be finished by tomorrow! Damn I'm good." That's right, I got cocky/smug/egotistical or what ever term you would like to use for being a smarmy ass. And of course, that's when I saw the error. No, not error, errors. Yep, the knitting gods and goddesses smacked me down back to the level of mere mortal where I belong, even if I only accrue demi god knitting status in my own head.

So, here I sit ripping back wondering how I could have for got not just one nupp (which I still would have felt the immediate desire to fix, but multiple nupps, ruining the whole line of them that the pattern calls for. Yeah, that's right. I forgot a whole truck load of them. Some people. Can't take us anywhere.

I decided in my defense that with Bob out of town, and myself in the middle of seven 12hr night shifts in a row, that perhaps I was just to tired to knit. You see, with four dogs and Bob out of town, I tend to have trouble getting time in for sleeping. I don't know how parents of actual human children manage much of their lives. At least I can kennel mine, tell them to shut it and go to sleep when the need for zzz's overpowers all other desires. I guess technically I could do that with kids but it's generally frowned upon.

You see, my day consists of getting up around two thirty or three int he afternoon, walking the mutley crew before coming home, scrounging up food for both myself and them, showering and heading to work. I get home, feed the monsters, have a good long morning walk before falling into bed if I'm lucky somewhere around nine am. Let's just say that luck is rarely with me. But I strive for it, hoping to at least get 5 hours of sleep. But wait, I have to get up between eleven and noon to feed the Great Delay a lunch since I'm not home at night to give him a before bed meal... Oh, and all the other errands and pieces of odd pieces of life I need to take care of occasionally. So, like I said, I'm just tired. Babe, I do miss you for a whole heap of reasons when your out of town, but sleep is pretty high on the list. But your cars oil is changed and tires rotated as of 16:04 this afternoon.

I know, your thinking, "Excuses excuses, maybe you just suck at knitting?" I truly hope you're not right on that note, but I'm also going to use this as an excuse as to why I haven't blogged. Granted, blogging is also a way for me to get things out of my head and relax, just like walking the dogs is, but when it comes to making a time management choice between dog walking and blogging I'm going to have to go with the one that also wears out the kids.

On that note, I need a shower. Hope you all have a great week, see you at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment