Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm not dead

Despite my families long line of pyromaniacal disasters I am here to tell you I have survived the New Years celebrations and fireworks with all arm hair and eyebrows intact. In fact, I've been so sick that risk of lighting my self on fire has not been much of a risk unless you count a soaring temperature.

I finally fought off the phlegm hacking cold that Bob and my kind co-worker gave me after almost two and a half weeks and got to feel good for three whole days before coming down with what felt suspiciously like the flu. I got the little hack back as I laid down for bed and had to take some cough syrup before muttering hateful things to germ spreading partners as I slid into sleep. I awoke with my left side of my back hurting bad enough to wonder if I had a kidney issue and that weird woozy feeling you get when your dehydrated and some incessant nausea. Needless to say I drank lots of water, took a couple Advil and made myself go to my last night of work for the week. Before long it became apparent to not only myself but my coworker that something was wrong. But I muscled through the night in hopes that I gave her back a little of the joy she had spread to me. Upon arriving home in a sheen of sweat and I swear I was burning holes in my clothing, I took a long bath, took some more Advil and some vitamins and preceded to sleep for 22 of the next 24 hours.

Now, other than a completely screwed sense of sleeping time (I awoke at 0230 this morning) I seem to be on the mend. Today I get to drive to the metropolis of Torrington Wyoming to tend to a snarly Basset Hound. Hopefully I will have some good picture opportunities on the way and have more to share other than the heralds of my health tomorrow.

I hope you have all been well this last week or so in my absence. Have a wonderful Sunday.


Q

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are better soon. Glad to hear that you survived the celebrations.
    Ron in Mexico

    ReplyDelete