Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hooked by Another... PBS You're the Devil

I knew I liked this show before. When Bob and I went on the New Mexico trip one night in a hotel we saw the very first episode of Call the Midwife on PBS. Well, I downloaded season one last night and I do really really like it. I don't know what my sudden need for television is but once again it's calling my name. It must be the wind. It's a wonderful show about the baby boom of the 1950's in East London. I don't know if it's true to form but it's a touching, often chuckle inducing accounting of the times based on a midwife of the times memoirs.

But with all that said, I did wipe out a couple projects!
I got the prismatic scarf complete! WooHoo. She blocked last night and I snapped some shots this morning.
I also finished up my Wensleydale fiber from Huckleberry Knits. Lovely stuff as always! I don't have any ideas for this stuff yet but I'm sure something will come. It's only about 200yards and has more of a handspun feel than my other recent fibers. I thought that was going to deter me away from liking it but it gives it a charm that truly appeals to me. But not being able to get a color true picture of it has reaffirmed that I need to make a light box for finished projects. There are some lovely teals in here you just can't see...

Now I get to dip into some fiber that a friend bought me for Christmas from one of my favorite shops in the whole world! Thanks Rocky Mountain Mens Knitting Retreat for introducing me to more addictions... A bunch of wonderful enablers.

2 comments: