Search This Blog

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Cute Crap

All together now... Ahhhhhh.
This little hoodie has finally found a home. 
One of the guy's many nieces is expecting her first baby boy and since we finally got a baby shower invitation this jacket that has been sitting in the gift drawer for just such an occasion has been pulled out, finished and blocked and ironed for today. I figured it was time to get a couple more photos as well.

When I say finished, it got its blessing of torrid insults and cuss words as I sewed on the little snaps. It's going to catholics so it needed its blessing, right? I've mentioned before how much I hate sewing. I don't think of my Mother as an especially patient woman yet she loves sewing and I did not get the sewing gene. Of course, trying to sew on little snaps while hurtling at highway speeds northward from Colorado when I was already exhausted, maybe wasn't the best idea.
After a good long nap, I also finished up my spinning project I've been working on. I know, that picture doesn't make it look very finished but I just love how the evening light made the colors glow. Just so you all know, I'm a noob at photography and though I have a wonderful camera, I do not play with my photos beside cropping once they have been dropped to my computer. Someday, I may be that good but for now I love catching things as they are if I'm able to.
But, back on track. I have 346 yards of a 4ply cable yarn.
It's awesome. So soft, though surprisingly un-bouncy. It does have some trouble spots but I know how to correct them next time so I'm happy with it.
The most surprising part for me is the kind of drab olive green that was p[resent in my singles turned in to a sunny bright yellow in the final ply. It's amazing what color does in spinning.
I love it!
And the best part about coming home last night? This was on my door step. My monthly installment of fiber club and my special order fiber purchase form Huckleberry Knits. Have to stock up for the Tour de Fleece. And speaking of the Tour, any other wyoming spinners out there going to partake? If you're a ravelry member you can join me in the rookie group here.

And, as you can see there's some more garden pics here, so I thought I'd throw up some more.
The last of my iris's bloomed out this weekend. Makes me kind of sad, they are a favorite and they just don't stick around very long after teasing me with buds for so long.
And the purple robe locust came into full bloom the last couple of days. I'm so glad it survived the vicious deer mauling.
Gives the yard a burst of color since most of my flowers tend to be blues and purples. Even my ornamental pepper that I had no idea what color it would be is giving me only deep purple pepper pods. So between the locust blooms and the maples reddish that is about all the color variation away from the greens, blues and purples of my garden I get. Notice a color theme in my world? Now if only that second locust the guy put in this spring would give us leaves... It looks like a sad Charlie Brown christmas tree in my front yard, but then since three of the trees in my front yard are new as of last spring, the front yard looks kind of like a Charlie Brown christmas tree lot. I should get a picture form across the street to show you after we get the house painted this summer.

Oaky,I need to go shower and pretend like I care for the day. You all have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment