Search This Blog

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Miles' Surprise

Baby Jacket that is.
This little jacket is for a coworkers first born that is expected at the end of the month. I took a break form spinning and the Autumn Leaves Stole to whip this out this week.
It was the perfect excuse to use up these buttons I've been holding onto for a few years.
What do you think, a good knit for a little boy? As per my usual, I had to play with the pattern to my own liking. On the increases and decreases I alway do that stitch between them in stockinette. One it allows me to keep track of it without markers and two I think it gives the jacket a nice clean line. And I decided this time to cast off in an Icord cast off. I think despite the extra time it takes I like it.
I was able to get a couple shots while in the front yard in the sun last night of the iris's that bloomed sans hail damage.
And the Purple Robe Locust we planted last summer decided to bloom for us.
And I also dove back into my spinning after the last of yesterdays family events. I've decided to give a 4ply cable yarn a shot. This is the second of my 4 required singles.
It's a 100% Superwash BFL. More to come as I get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment