Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Road Trip!

Last night I spent about an hour on the phone with my best friend. We've been friends since second grade where we first met after she moved to the neighborhood. She just recently got reassigned to Mountain Home Idaho which is about a 9-10 hour drive from Casper WY. We've been planning a reunion at Yellowstone later this month. I gave her a shout to let her know we've reserved a camping spot and started to process of deeper planning. I'm so excited! Let's just hope I don't end up with sick dogs this time. Nothing can put a damper on friends like one of the furry kids vomiting on them or their sleeping bag.

Today I am definitely hitting the coffee shop before my errands. Yesterday I was good and tinkered in the garden and all in all, barely touched the knitting. So today I'm going to reward myself with some caffeine and fiber therapy. Doesn't hurt that tonight is knit night down at the studio. It's going to be a good day. Yes, there is such things and they generally exist to strike down silly people who dare say things like, "Oh that will be easy" or "Yeah, that should take no time." I was silly enough to smugly  think that I'd just whip out a little green Shawlette. Yhen, as I was working on it during the 2200hrs news last night, I forgot all my yarn overs in the row and of course didn't catch it until the next lace row when each repeat was down to a meager 9 stitches instead of 11. Silly silly man. So there I was by 1030 pulling the little woolly bastard back. Beware the yarn gods I tell you.

On a high not, on the news they interviewed a man with the unfortunate name of "Thomas LaCock". No joke. I used to fret about my name when I was a kid, but as I grew up I realized that I was quote fortunate with my name actually. There's no real sicko conentations to it and no one can walk around calling me The Cock. Do you know the horrible teasing this child must have suffered. Especially if he was in a Spanish Immersion class? I can just hear a whole bunch of pre-teens wondering around say  in bad spanish accents (okay, I would so be one of them. I probably would have been the one to come up with the accent) "Ave you seeen Da Cock? Where iz Da Cock? Ah, si, 'e iz in my pantz,"

Anyway. Took some pics while wondering around the yard while on the phone. And the dreaded mass that knitting gods caused.
This is truly where we put in the most work. The Tulips and Pin flowers were already there and just keep coming back every year with the daffodils.

And my grape is getting ready to unfurl anytime now!
And the cats bath went very well, though she refuses to let me get pictures. She gives me baleful glares and tries to hide her shame by constantly moving if I pull out the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment